Benefits of Red Light Therapy
If you’re like us, you’ve probably tried countless different anti-aging products over the years and wasted hundreds of dollars. The good news is that a relatively new technology called red light therapy has actually been proven to have safe anti-aging effects on the skin and body. At Avanti Body in Vacaville, CA, we are passionate about the benefits of red light therapy and all the ways it can improve your body and your life.
What is Red Light Therapy?
For a more detailed answer to this question, check out our previous blog post. But the short answer is this: light therapy delivers safe, concentrated wavelengths of light to your body cells naturally. This means it doesn’t use chemicals, UV rays, or heat. These red and near infrared wavelengths of light stimulate the mitochondria of your body, similar to the way sunlight stimulates them. The mitochondria that are part of each cell in your body are often called the powerhouses of the cells because they create the energy your body needs to perform all of its functions. Red light therapy allows your mitochondria to create energy more efficiently throughout your body.
How Does it Help Your Skin?
- Stimulates the production of collagen. Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies. Seventy percent of our skin is made of collagen, which is the main component of the dermis layer. Collagen is what gives our skin elasticity. It also makes our skin appear firm and supple, or in a word: youthful. Collagen production begins declining in our twenties, and by age 60, collagen production can decrease by as much as 75%! This decrease is what leads to lines, wrinkles and sagging skin. Studies have shown higher levels of collagen in research participants who have received near infrared light therapy. The increased production of collagen will smooth out lines and wrinkles, smooth the overall texture of the skin, and it can even reduce pore size over time. Collagen cells grow slowly, so with some patience you can expect to notice results after about three months of consistent treatment.
- Increases circulation and the formation of new capillaries. As new capillaries form they bring more oxygen and nutrients to each skin cell every day. This gives the skin an instant glow that makes it look healthy and youthful.
- Increases lymphatic system activity. The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs that the body uses to get rid of toxins, waste, and other unwanted materials. With the increased circulation that red light therapy creates, swelling and puffiness are reduced. This is because the lymph system is better able to remove excess fluids and toxins from skin cells. It also makes the skin less puffy over time as the lymph system becomes more efficient, resulting in long-term healthier skin.
- Stimulates the mitochondria. As we mentioned earlier, mitochondria create ATP (cellular energy). The extra energy created by stimulating the mitochondria through red light therapy allows the body to repair, detoxify, heal, rejuvenate, and on the whole, function at a more optimal level.
The Overall Anti-Aging Benefits:
- Smooths skin tone
- Reduces wrinkles
- Moisturizes the skin
- Prevents hair loss & stimulates regrowth
- Aids the healing process of skin blemishes
- Repairs sun damage
- Reduces redness, flushing, and broken capillaries
- Helps fade scars and stretch marks
- Creates a healthy glow
Red Light Therapy at Avanti Body
If you want to experience the anti-aging benefits of red light therapy, Avanti Body in Vacaville CA, and Scottsdale, AZ is the place for you! But giving you younger-looking skin is just one of the many things this therapy can do for you. Explore our website to see the many other benefits of red light therapy and schedule your first appointment with us today. We can’t wait to see you!
Frequently Asked Questions
How many years can I rejuvenate with red light therapy?
It is impossible to objectively evaluate the effects of years of facial rejuvenation, but red light therapy makes the skin firm, luminous, smooth, and full of life once again. It is possible to say that you will even perceive yourself as being up to 10 years younger.
Who can not use red light therapy?
Only those who take a photosensitive drug, such as those for the thyroid, pregnant women, or cancer patients, are advised against using it.